Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Review: Terry Creme de Rose

900x900
$99, Birchbox

I got two samples of this stuff: one in my Space NK bag and one in my Glossybox, I think. Anyway, I didn't realize it was quite so expensive, since both the samples were pretty deluxe. It just goes to show the mark up on beauty products--I probably got about $30 worth of samples, meaning that in reality, $30 of face cream cost a dollar or two to make. Which means that the nearly $100 jar costs a few bucks to make . . . 

I liked this face cream. It didn't seem to do much, but it was moisturizing and it smelled good. The rose smell wasn't too overpowering, like some rose scented products can be. It was a good consistency, in between too thick and too runny (it was like a nice sour cream consistency). It felt good going on (I don't think it would be a problem for sensitive skin) and it did seem to moisturize. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't great at controlling oil (but it doesn't advertise that it will do that), and didn't do much for dark spots or other blemishes. As always, I can't say much as to it's "lifting" properties, but the other reviews online aren't exactly glowing.

tl;dr: Pricey. Nice smell, great consistency, but ultimately nothing special. Spend your money on some Creme Ancienne instead, because that's what I'm going to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment