Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review: Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser

$32.95, Birchbox
I have received at least three samples of this face wash. Even though I would never buy it, I think it is a good product and will continue to use any more samples I receive.

In terms of cleansing, I think that this product works fairly well. My face doesn't feel as silky clean as after I use my Clarisonic, so I don't think it's the best if you're looking for the cleanest clean. Additionally, the exfoliating crystals (I believe they're sugar) felt really rough. To be fair, I've been extra careful about using any physical exfoliants these days because of the sensitive skin on my cheeks, but these crystals felt rough even on my forehead and chin. Finally, I don't know where the foaming was supposed to come from, because I definitely didn't see any foaming at all.

The smell on this cleanser is great though. It's lemony and sugary, but without smelling like Pine-sol (I find many lemon-flavored body products tend to smell like household cleaning products). My samples (pretty small jars) lasted a long time, so a little goes a long way. Unfortunately, my larger sample jar dried out a bit before I could use it all up. It didn't seem to affect how the product worked, it just meant a crumblier consistency when I was trying to scoop it out to use.

I also like how this product is all natural. I think that on the face especially, it's important to try to use more natural products. However, because of all the issues I listed above, I actually used most of my samples as a body wash. I found it worked well to smooth rough knees and elbows, as well as scaly shins. I don't think it is particularly better than a cheaper, drugstore body scrub, but it was a good use of my free samples.

tl;dr: Good for the body, not for the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment