Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Things I Bought: May Edition

May purchases

This month, it's not "Things I Like" but rather "Things I Bought." The reason for this is that I had such a successful month of shopping and also lounging that I haven't had time to try out all of my new things yet. These are just a few of the new purchases I'm most excited about.


Clockwise from top left:

1. Geox Lola Ballerina Flat: I think these are the perfect commuting shoes. I've only tried them on in the apartment, but they are so comfortable. They are cushy and the leather is soft but structured. The little holes on the shoes make it cool and breathable. These shoes are also really cute and elegant in person, and I love them. I love them so much I'm already considering buying another pair. Perhaps the black?

2. Slit-Front Solid Sheath Dress: First, let me say how much I hate JCP's online presence. It's horrible. I had two dresses get cancelled for being unavailable, including a really cute stripe dress. They also don't do free returns, so purchase carefully. However, I really like this dress. It's a beautiful color, and very simple, but also with some lovely touches. The slit is fairly high, but not inappropriate (but I wouldn't wear it to work). The jersey material is kind of slinky, but it can be dressed down. There is ruching around the waist, which can hide lumpiness.

3. Marlies Dekkers Dame de Paris Balcony Bra: There is a wonderful little lingerie boutique in Harvard Square called Forty Winks. The sales associates there are friendly and knowledgeable and were very helpful with my bra fitting this past weekend. It's such a good store that I'm willing to pay retail. (Iknorite?) Anyway, I dropped some outrageous coin on this beautiful bra that fits perfectly, is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and makes me feel amazing. Seriously, this bra will make you feel like a goddamn princess.

4. Frye Paige Tall Riding Boots: I am so proud of myself with this purchase. I watched the price like a hawk, and when it dipped down to below $300, I used a 20% off coupon and bought my Frye boots for only $200!! I'm really pleased by Amazon's shoe/clothing section these days. They are really quick at processing (free) returns and they have a good selection with excellent prices. Anyway, I ordered both the Grey and the Grey Burnished Antique Leather colors, and (contrary to what the website shows), the Grey was much darker than the Grey Burnished Antique Leather. I chose to keep the latter, but I liked both. Anyway, I haven't worn these boots outside yet because the weather has been surprisingly nice lately in Boston. However, upon trying them on, they are comfortable and fit well around my large calves.

5. Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar: This is an interesting product. It's like a bar of soap, but it's a bar of clay. You wet your face and you kind of rub the bar on your skin, or you wet the bar and you rub it on your face. I use it as a mask on a twice-weekly basis, but people can also use it as a spot treatment. It's kind of pricey, but I think it's really made my skin improve over the past two weeks. My skin seems less oily and I think my acne scars have been fading more quickly.

6. Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: I have purchased SIX of these lipsticks. (Srsly, y'all.) It's important to exfoliate first, because the color is matte and intense. I don't think it's the most long-lasting lipstick I've worn (not as good as a stain), but it ain't a lip gloss either. The texture is so creamy and wonderful, and it looks and feels like a much more expensive lipstick. At only $5 a tube, I'm probably going to buy all of the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment