Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream

$42, Sephora

I've been relaxing a lot over the last two weeks and chain reading bad books. (But I just started The Passage, so that's kind of like a legit novel. "Literature" is so overrated.) I've also been pretty lazy about updating and trying new stuff, so I'm just trying to catch up on products from the school year.

I've held off on reviewing this because I was just so meh about it. It smells nice and herby and is soothing when it goes on, but seems to do nothing. I suppose it didn't make me break out any more, but it also didn't cure dark spots or discoloration.

It is a medium moisturizer--not quite serum, not quite cream. It didn't leave my face feeling greasy, but it didn't have a mattefying effect either.

To be fair, I only used two little sample packets (which lasted about 10 days), but it was enough for me to not purchase this product again. As I've mentioned previously, perhaps I'm just not the right demographic for a "Youth Preserve" or "anti-wrinkle" cream just yet. I still love Fresh products, but this one is just not for me.

tl;dr: meh

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting product that's reasonably priced. I have found a list of night creams that help make the skin look glowing http://www.skincarecounsel.com/the-best-night-cream-moisturizer-for-glowing-skin hyft4h56

    ReplyDelete