Friday, April 19, 2013

Things I Like: April Edition

april

Oops, guess I missed the month of March. Time has really flown by; I feel like when you're an "adult", months just go by suddenly. I feel like I've been in a coma for half of winter. Anyway, going clockwise from top left:


1. Fresh Hesperides Grapefruit Perfume: I bought a rollerball of this way back in December when I was wandering aimlessly around Newbury Street one day. I've been using it a lot, since it's such a crisp scent that I think is perfect for the beginning of Spring. Fresh says that the notes are: mandarin, Italian lemon, bergamot and grapefruit.

2. Market Pantry Sparkling Water: Uhhhh, I know that this has all sorts of chemicals in it, but I don't care. I really like the Gala Apple flavor, because it actually tastes like apples! It doesn't taste like that "green apple" flavor that candy has. Seriously guys, it tastes like fucking apples. It's available at Target, and we all know I don't need more reasons to go to Target.

3. Mally Waterproof Eyeliner: Am I supposed to know who Mally is? I dunno. This eyeliner is great though. I got it in my New Beauty Test Tube (which was a bit disappointing this quarter). It actually is waterproof, but is not too difficult to get off. I especially like it because it's so soft, and thus you can really apply it to your inner lids easily. Lately, I've been applying black eyeliner to the inner lid of my top lid and it really pumps up my lashes. The worst thing about this pencil is that it goes dull really quickly, because of how soft and smudgy it is, but it sharpens well.

4. Maybelline Color Whisper: I got this lipstick when I found a coupon in one of my magazines. I'm so glad I tried it. It's only $6 (without a coupon) and it is great. It is the perfect cross between a lipstick and a balm. So far I only have it in "Faint for Fuchsia," but I really want to buy other colors. And at this price point, you can buy six of them for the price of one Sephora lipstick. It's not super long lasting, but it doesn't make your lips dry and the sheer color is perfect. Another great find for Spring.

5. Mossimo Luliani Canvas Shoes: Have I already mentioned how much I love Target? I found these hot pink (they are much brighter than in the picture above) canvas sneakers at Target on sale for less than $8!! I have already worn them twice this week. They're so comfortable, keep your feet cool, have plenty of cushion and are so vibrant and cute. I have gotten compliments on them. The only problem is that they are easily scuffed, but for such cheap prices (even at full price), I don't mind. I am totally thinking of buying a few more colors.

6. Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum: This stuff smells amazing. I'm not convinced that it works better than Moroccan Oil, but I don't even care because it smells so. damn. good. It definitely works, it makes my hair soft and smooth and really prevents a lot of frizz and static-y-ness. There might be better stuff out there, but nothing will smell as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment