Friday, April 19, 2013

Review: NARS Body Glow

$59, Sephora
I like this stuff. It's definitely a luxury item; I really see no purpose for it except to be a little more sparkly and golden and lubed up when on vacation. It's this rich oil that has flecks of gold and brown sparkle in it. The glitter is very, very subdued. You appear shimmery and glowy as opposed to glittery, which is nice when you don't want to look like Edward Cullen.


I used this while in St. Lucia, and I found it pretty moisturizing. I would use it after I had been out during the day (with lots of sunblock) and after I took a dip in the (private!) pool or took a shower (in the outside shower!). It absorbed quickly and made my skin soft and glowy.

This stuff also smells fantastic. Like tropical flowers and vanilla and a whiff of chocolate. It is exactly what I think a tropical island should smell like. A lot of the reviewers said that this stuff will come off on light-colored clothing or sheets,but I didn't find this to be the case. I just allowed it to really soak in (30 minutes plus) before I got dressed.

The full-sized version is a pretty big splurge at Sephora, but this doesn't seem like an everyday item. I purchased a small size from eBay for less than $15 (shipping included). I think the small size is perfect for someone who doesn't *literally* live at the beach. I used a liberal amount all week and I still have more than 3/4 of the bottle left. I'll definitely be using it again on a nice summer day or if I go to the beach again.

As a side note, the ambient temperature of the bottle really affects the contents. If it's cold, the oil becomes solid and looks disgusting and it's quite difficult to use. I didn't have this problem in the tropics, but in colder climes, you might want to run some hot water over the bottle for a few minutes.

tl;dr: Great for a golden shimmer; try to find a smaller size on eBay. Smells good, moisturizes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment