Thursday, February 21, 2013

Things I Like: February Edition

February

I haven't had time to put up any real product reviews in between avoiding my homework, chaining episodes of Arthur and baking weekday cakes. I thought I would write five mini product reviews, based on things I've been using quite a bit this month.


Going clockwise from top left . . .

1. Kusmi Tea: I like tea. A lot. I drink it every night. It's a thing. One of my recent purchases is this Kusmi Tea, which is a green tea fragranced with rose petals. I like Kusmi Teas because they're kind of stupid and pretentious. Their teas come in muslin bags and their boxes are all fanciful and colorful. I'm pretty sure they're overpriced and that their base tea leaves are not superior in quality. However, they do have some interesting flavors and their packaging is nice.

2. Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo: I got a sample of this shampoo in my Birchbox. It's gender neutral and has a nice clean smell. It's very thick and viscous, and does not lather very much, but it is a great shampoo. After using it, I feel like I don't need to use conditioner. (But I do anyway.) The good thing about this shampoo is that a little goes a long way and it really gets your hair clean. If I didn't have a shipment of Russian Amber Imperial Shampoo on the way, I would totes buy a full-size of this shampoo.

3. Burberry London Perfume: I bought this at a duty-free shop in Heathrow. I don't really like the bottle, it looks kind of tacky because it's covered in fabric, but the scent is perfect. Sephora says that it has notes of: clementine, honeysuckle, English Garden Rose, Tiare flower, jasmine, peony, sandalwood and patchouli, but all I know is that it smells warm and spicy and feminine. I particularly like wearing it in the Fall and Winter.

4. Bite Lip Palette: I got this little lip palette during Sephora's Black Friday sale. It was only $10, which is a pretty good deal considering how expensive Bite lipsticks usually are. I like this palette because it's convenient to mix the different colors together and customize a look. Unfortunately, the lipsticks are not particularly moisturizing by themselves; I usually wear them over my Sugar lip balm. They also seem to lose color fairly quickly; most of the color was gone after three hours (with no drinking or eating).

5. The Balm Hot Mama Blush: A lot of people compare this blush to NARS Orgasm (which is also something I recently picked up in the Space NK sale). I like how it's orange-pinky with a subtle shimmer. I got it in my Birchbox last month, and I've been using it as a blush, although it can also be used as an eyeshadow. Hard to speak to its staying power, because I haven't worn it with full primer + foundation + powder, but even without those things it definitely stays put for a few hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment