Saturday, February 23, 2013

Review: Murad Clarifying Cleanser

$26, Sephora
I got a sample of this last year when I purchased my Mason Pearson hairbrush from Beauty.com. (It's really difficult for me to resist those Gift with Purchases, which explains the Space NK haul this week.) I like this cleanser, but I don't think it's anything special. 

It was very good at getting dirt and oil off of my face and I think prevented crazy break outs. I still got a few pimples while using it, but it definitely didn't aggravate my skin. It didn't leave my skin all tight and dry, like so many acne washes can do, but I can't speak to how moisturizing it is, because I usually put moisturizer on immediately after I washed. I think it definitely helped to control my oiliness.

The face wash has a herbal, medicine-y smell. It wasn't unpleasant, but also not really delicious or luxurious smelling. It had a really nice lather when I used it with my Clarisonic, and it definitely made my face feel clean. I'm looking for a non-exfoliant face wash to use in the evenings with my Clarisonic, but I think I'd like something creamier.

The value of the face wash is pretty good. I use only a tiny bit every time and even a sample has lasted me a month (with a lot more in the sample left). I think it is very mild, for people who have sensitive skin. 

tl;dr: This cleanser is probably really good for people with really oily skin and a lot of break-outs. Great to use alone or with a Clarisonic. 
Cleansing ability: 4.5 out of 5.
Moisturizing: 2 out of 5.
Exfoliating: 1 out of 5.
Skin Improvement 2 out of 5.
Scent: 2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment