Friday, February 15, 2013

January Glossyboxy

January Glossybox

Like I mentioned earlier, I got my January Glossybox in the first week of February. I was actually quite frustrated with their service; they charged me but hadn't sent any shipping notification. I just found it in my mail room one day. It was really well packaged, with a separate, very nice box that contained all the products. Also, it had a nice heft to it, which made it seem like real products instead of just trials. I really like everything in the box, and will continue to subscribe to it.

1. OPI Liquid Sand: I tried this last weekend, and I like it. Generally, I find OPI nail polishes to chip fairly quickly, and this one wasn't any different. Also, like most glitter nail polishes, it's a bitch to get off. However, it's a pretty color and a very cool matte texture. It's definitely a nice change and I'm glad I have it.

2. Narcisco Rodriguez Perfume: This is a bit opulent in scent for me. However, it smells pretty good and doesn't have that cheap feel that some perfumes can have.

3. Le Metier de Beaute: I haven't tried this sample yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm disappointed because it was just a little packet of the cream, but hopefully a little will go a long way. It better, considering the actual retail value ($200+).

4. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara: This was my least favorite product, mostly because I have literally dozens of tiny mascaras in my makeup box. I really didn't need another. However, Estee Lauder does make decent mascaras and this would fit in a purse or a travel bag.

5. Vincent Longo Lipstick: This is my absolute favorite thing in the whole box. It looks dark, but it's actually really sheer. It adds just the right amount of color. Your lips look great but you don't look all make-up-y. Best of all, it's so moisturizing and it makes your lips feel great. I don't have to add any moisturizer before I apply it, which is huge. I have been using this a ton since I received it. It's one of the few make-up items that just sits on my dresser all the time.

6. Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum: I haven't tried this yet, because I'm refraining from any face product experimentation until I've completed my round of lactic acid peels. I'm sure it will be great though, because I love Fresh and I love serums. Serums are always good for someone with an oily face, because it's lightweight, but moisturizing. Also, the sample I got was a good size, it will probably last for a month or so.

7. Living Proof Hair Primer: I also haven't tried this yet, but I intend to. Did you know this company was co-founded by Jennifer Aniston? She has pretty good hair. I am contemplating using Scot as a guinea pig for this product; we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment