Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Daily Gimme: Ravesh Bow Pumps + Hukkster

$148.95, Nordstrom
I don't know how I feel about Steve Madden shoes. My impression of them is from my early teen years, when all of their shoes were clunky and overly embellished. I think that these impressions are exacerbated by the fact that many designers have diffusion labels these days, which is nice for people who can't afford the original line, but very confusing. I also think that there is a significant drop in quality in many of these diffusion lines, but that's for another day.

Anyway, although it's not a fail-proof test, I think that shoe quality correlates fairly well with its price point. Most shoes over $150 will be comfortable and made well. Obviously there are exceptions on both sides of the line, but I find that this rule of thumb works well. These shoes are right on the line, but they're so adorable that I would risk the discomfort. 

I had purchased a pair of nude shoes with a big bow from Modcloth a few months ago, but they were unbearably uncomfortable and plasticky that I had to return them. These look very similar, but a lot classier and more work appropriate. They also come in green and coral, which look gorgeous. 

I will be keeping an eye on the price with Hukkster, this awesome website/application that tracks Gimmes for you and alerts you when the item goes on sale. Basically, you get a "hukk it" button that you can add to your bookmarks, and when you're on a site and you see something you like, you can click the button. Hukkster will keep track of the item and send you an email or a text (or both) when the item goes on sale! Unfortunately, none of my Gimmes have gone on sale yet, so I'm unable to comment on how effective the service is, but the concept is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment