Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Daily Gimme: Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin

$21.99 14.60, Amazon
I am fairly new to the makeup game. I never really wore it in high school or college. When you wake up ten minutes before you have to leave, you have to make some tough decisions. Usually I just had time to brush my teeth and pop in my contacts. But, as I have more money and more reasons to wear makeup (acne scars, slight discoloration), I have become more interested in makeup.

However, interest does not equal knowledge. Although it seems kind of ridiculous to buy a book about makeup application, it kind of makes sense. This is one of the most highly rated books on Amazon for makeup, although I have never heard of it. I worry because it was published in the '90s, and that's really not the dated look I'm looking for.

There are some other options that I might try to pick up used, such as either of Jemma Kidd's books (here and here) or Bobbi Brown's book. The brand new book by Scott Barnes is also receiving rave reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment