Monday, November 25, 2013

The Weekly Gimme: The White Co. Cashmere Robe

£295, The White Company
You know what's dangerous? Working on top of a mall. Especially when the sales are on. And you have nothing to do at work. Fortunately, most of the stores in London right now are selling party stuff--sequins and fur and mini skirts, so I haven't been tempted much. (I am looking for a furry coat, but I can't find one that doesn't make me look like a disgruntled koala bear.)

The most successful stores in London (and any place, really), in my opinion, are the stores that sell you a lifestyle. I mean, who doesn't want to live an Anthropologie life? That shabby-chic, bohemian, Parisian-cum-Brooklyn way of being? I love going into the White Company because they sell me the lifestyle of an eternal lounger. Loungewear everywhere: robes, soft henleys, candles, pillows, the softest most plushest stuffed penguin . . . 

But the absolute best thing in the store is this cashmere robe (completely unaffordable and not sensible--how does one even wash a cashmere robe, especially in a goddamn London washing machine). But it is so soft and warm and comfy and I just want to be able to show up at work wearing no pants and just this robe. Livin' the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment