Tuesday, November 26, 2013

All the Small Things

I've been in London for more than six weeks now. Now, I love America (Amurrica!) but I am not the biggest fan of many things American (why do I have to drive eerrrywhere?) Why is there so much margarine in this cookie?

It's the small things that make me miss the States.

  • Tidy Cats litter--I bought this litter from Waitrose and the litter bits were so large that they don't go through the scoop. WTF?
  • Craft brews--I'm not a big beer fan, but I like looking at all of the indie brands. It's all crap here.
  • Trader Joe's/Target/Sephora--I feel like I could keep these companies in the black myself.
  • It's Advil, not Nurofen. It's Nyquil, not NightNurse.
  • Chipotle in adobo--not pickled chipotle (whatever that is).Oh I just googled it and they're kind of the same thing. 
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups/Peanut Butter Snickers--hey London, not everything has to be Nutella. Peanut butter is good for you, yo.
  • All of the Ben and Jerry's flavors--all sorts of weird ass flavors here too. 
  • Black Friday-because I WANT ALL THE DEALZ.
  • real bacon--why call it streaky? it reminds me of dirty underwear (yes London, it's called underwear)
  • quarters--these people have too many coins
  • brunch--although I did have a lovely one at Caravan in Exmouth Market last weekend

Things that I can't get in the States:
  • a VERY good selection of single-malts at affordable prices
  • Duck and Goose fat, ready to use
  • Liege Waffles--zomg so good.
  • Peri Peri chicken--so spicy and yummy and overpriced
  • the British Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment