Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review: Nume Finishing Serum

$29, Nume
I have subscription boxes coming out of my ears. Ipsy Glam Bag, Glossybox, Birchbox, and Blush Mystery Box. It's almost getting out of hand. Almost. I think I got this in my Ipsy Glam Bag, but it's hard to remember. 

My sample didn't look like the picture above, it was in a blue glass bottle and had an eyedropper instead of a normal cap. I actually liked this way of dispensing hair serum, since it didn't get the bottle greasy and it ensured an even amount each time.

This was a take it or leave it product for me. I'm not sure it did that much, and it certainly didn't seem to have the softening effect that Moroccan Oil or my Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum does. I think it may have done something to tame frizziness and add shine, but I haven't had many problems in those areas since the weather turned warmer (and wetter).

The main reason that I wouldn't buy this product (aside from doubts as to its efficacy) is that it's chock-full of chemicals. Obviously, most things are, but this product doesn't even have natural oils, like argan or seaberry or any of those other trendy things. Using this is kind of like eating gummy bears instead of gummy bear vitamins. There's nothing in it that's good for your hair. 

To be fair, I think this product was intended for styling with heat, and I don't really do that. So, someone who regularly blow-dries or curls or straightens her hair might have fantastic results. 

tl;dr: Junk food for hair, didn't do much, might be better if you use heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment