Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Review: Whish Shave Cream

$20, Birchbox
The photo above is a Totes Adorb original. In the background is the Petit Piton and the Caribbean Sea. I got a deluxe sample of this shaving cream from my Birchbox two days before I left for Spring Break, and the timing could not have been better. Usually when I travel, I just use conditioner or body wash to shave, but I thought I would use something a little better this time.

I'm not a big fan of this stuff, even though Scot liked it. My biggest issue with it is the scent. It's way too sweet and blueberry-y and just sensory overload. However, the functionality of the product was like any other shaving cream. It was not particularly moisturizing, but it also didn't make me feel dry and icky. I had no problem with nicks during shaving, and the cream did not provide a closer or a less-close shave than the cheap Target stuff I use, which has a milder vanilla scent.

tl;dr: Not worth the price and the smell is overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment